Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass intune Mac address wired devices

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  Clearpass intune Mac address wired devices

Posted Feb 12, 2020 04:41 PM

Hi

Currently the intune API with clearpass pulls details from the device by details of a query which is run against the devices mac address.  My question is in a wired profile (let's assume we use a MacBook with only usb c ports which is very common) the Mac address of the machine won't be in intune as the Mac address is tied to the usb usb Ethernet adapter.  Can we not use 802.1x with in tune integration in these instances ?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Clearpass intune Mac address wired devices

Posted Apr 01, 2020 04:00 AM

Hello, 

Did you get any feedback about your request ? I'm facing the same issue here.

Cheers

• 3.  RE: Clearpass intune Mac address wired devices

Posted Apr 01, 2020 04:07 AM

Hi,

No unfortunately not there appears to be no workaround as this is more down to InTune and the devices.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass intune Mac address wired devices

Posted Apr 01, 2020 04:13 AM

We are looking for an alternative which works. If you do 802.1x EAP-TLS, you can add an attribute in the certificate with the value of the Mac-address without delimiters. For our example, we use the attribute URL in the certificate and we added the Mac-address here. 

Then on the Auth Source Intune, you can modify the filter with ?macAddress=%{Certificate:Subject-AltName-URI} instead of ?macAddress=%{Connection:Client-Mac-Address-NoDelim}

The only problem we are facing is how can we add the Mac-address value automatically on the certificate during the enrolment... 

• 5.  RE: Clearpass intune Mac address wired devices

MVP
    Posted Dec 03, 2021 02:51 AM
    Hi! Were you able to solve your problem? I´m facing exactly the same problem....

------------------------------
    Matthias Pohl
    ------------------------------