Security

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpasss Guest Sponsor Lookup LDAP multiple domains

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Clearpasss Guest Sponsor Lookup LDAP multiple domains

Posted Mar 23, 2017 05:47 AM

Hi all

I'm working with the sponsor LDAP lookup of Clearpass Guests. I need to look up the mail adresses in different AD domains.

Can I create multiple Servers and add them to the "ajax.args.server" attribute? When I leave the "ajax.args.server" empty It only asks the first server in the list.

Other ways to fullfill that requirement?

Regards

Manuel

• 2.  RE: Clearpasss Guest Sponsor Lookup LDAP multiple domains

Posted Mar 24, 2017 07:38 AM

Hi Manuel,

It doesn't appear that it's possible to search 2 LDAP server for sponsor lookups by modifying the ajax.args.server field. As far as I can make out the ajax.args.server field only supports one server.

A workaround for this is to add 2 x sponsor_lookup fields to your guest registration page.

sponsor1.jpg

As you can't add the same field twice you'll need to duplicate the sponsor_lookup field then add it again:

sponsor2.jpg

• 3.  RE: Clearpasss Guest Sponsor Lookup LDAP multiple domains

Posted Oct 25, 2017 05:04 AM

Hi James,

I have duplicated sponsor lookup field and editted ajax.args.server to another ldap server.

I managed to lookup the sponsor on the guest registration page.

However, email and sms did not send to sponsor.

Any other configuration need to be done on the guest registration ?operator servers.JPGCapture.JPG

Thanks!

Regards

Steven Hee

• 4.  RE: Clearpasss Guest Sponsor Lookup LDAP multiple domains

Posted Feb 14, 2019 10:17 PM

Hi steve

How to make it work?

• 5.  RE: Clearpasss Guest Sponsor Lookup LDAP multiple domains

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2022 04:48 AM
    ClearPass can look up the mail address in multiple domains. It will look up the mail address in next operator server if the mail address doesn't exist in current operator server.