Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass - Palo Alto Username TA

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  Clearpass - Palo Alto Username TA

Posted Apr 14, 2021 04:46 AM
    Hello,

im currently doing an integration for Clearpass and Palo Alto. Clearpass has successfully send data to Palo, but in order to create specific policy per user, the Palo team said that they need the username on the tags sent to Palo. This is what we currently got:

Is there any way to include username in the tags? We didn't find any way to send the username using the enforcement profile.

Thank you!

------------------------------
    AA

• 2.  RE: Clearpass - Palo Alto Username TA

Posted Apr 15, 2021 10:08 AM
    Hi Aria_A,

Your configuration from the ClearPass looks fine to me. Have you enable Radius Interim Accounting on the Mobility Master/Controller? This can be located under Authentication > AAA > SSIDNAME_aaa_prof. Also make sure the RADIUS accounting server group is enabled to the same SSIDNAME_dot1_svg

• 3.  RE: Clearpass - Palo Alto Username TA

Posted Apr 15, 2021 10:05 PM
    Yes i believe we have turned on that option.
    We are able to send role name and device type to clearpass as Tags, but we havent found any way to send username as Tag too.

AA

• 4.  RE: Clearpass - Palo Alto Username TA

Posted Nov 03, 2021 08:36 PM
    Hi Aria_A. 
    Did you find an answer to this?
    What authentication method are your clients using? (i.e. EAP-PEAP, EAP-TLS, etc)