Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba VIA authenticated against Microsoft Azure with cloud MFA without Clear Pass

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Aruba VIA authenticated against Microsoft Azure with cloud MFA without Clear Pass

Posted Jun 02, 2021 09:57 AM
    I found this document:  Aruba VIA with Microsoft Cloud MFA it documents how to combine VIA, ClearPass, NPS and Microsoft's NPS Extension for Azure MFA to result in user access to Aruba VIA authenticating against Azure ADFS and requiring MFA.

Currently, we don't have Clear Pass.  Our current implementation of VIA is authenticating against NPS which authenticates against our on premise AD, and access is authorized based on whether or not users are in a particular AD group.

It seems to me, I should be able to swap our our NPS without the MFA extension for one with the MFA extension, and use Azure MFA for VIA Authentication without needing clear pass.  So far, however, my attempts have not succeeded.  

Has anyone set up via and Azure authentication successfully this way?  There isn't a similar document to the one I referenced above that I'm missing that documents a setup without Clear Pass is there?  Any details I'm overlooking  that would indicate the configuration I'm trying to build is not technically possible?

------------------------------
    Adam Forsyth

• 2.  RE: Aruba VIA authenticated against Microsoft Azure with cloud MFA without Clear Pass

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 02, 2021 10:19 AM
    Why not use Microsoft's native solution which is already capable of modern auth?

Learn about the Microsoft Tunnel VPN solution for Microsoft Intune - Azure | Microsoft Docs

Tim C

• 3.  RE: Aruba VIA authenticated against Microsoft Azure with cloud MFA without Clear Pass

Posted Jun 02, 2021 10:57 AM
    My first answer is that I didn't realize this Microsoft solution existed.  Quickly glancing through the documentation, though, it appears it's only for IOS and Android devices.  I'd also need Windows and MacOS support to allow our users to connect from their laptops.

Adam Forsyth

• 4.  RE: Aruba VIA authenticated against Microsoft Azure with cloud MFA without Clear Pass

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 02, 2021 11:14 AM
    Reach out to your Microsoft team about Windows and macOS.

Tim C