Security

last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Enterprise security using ClearPass Policy Management, ClearPass Security Exchange, IntroSpect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM Error in establishing TLS session

• 1.  CPPM Error in establishing TLS session

Posted 26 days ago
    Hello all,

I have a question,
    I currently have 802.1x authentication working with xxx.com and everything works fine,
    but now i would like to add authentication with another (second) domain yyy.com and when i try to authenticate the client to wifi network access tracer gives me an error:

EAP-PEAP: fatal alert by client - unknown_ca
    TLS Handshake failed in SSL_read with error: 14094418: SSL routines: ssl3_read_bytes: tlsv1 alert unknown ca
    eap-tls: Error in establishing TLS session

For yyy.com domain I added CA in "Trust List" section but still there is a problem.

My CPPM: 6.9.3

Maybe someone had a similar problem?
    Thank you in advance for your answer.

best regards

------------------------------
    Martin S

• 2.  RE: CPPM Error in establishing TLS session

Posted 26 days ago
    You should check and validate the CA that issued the device cert , the one you added into ClearPass may not be the correct one

Check the serial number and thumbprint on the cert

Victor Fabian

• 3.  RE: CPPM Error in establishing TLS session

Posted 25 days ago
    It's an issue at the client, not in the Trust List:

fatal alert by client - unknown_ca

This means that the client complains that it does not trust the ClearPass EAP certificate.

Have you replaced the default self-signed EAP/RADIUS certificate with a trusted one (either from public or private CA)?
    Did you configure your client and imported or enabled the Root CA in your client (supplicant)?
    What type of client is this?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.