Security

View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass solution to check if the user is member of nested or higher level AD group

This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  ClearPass solution to check if the user is member of nested or higher level AD group

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 01, 2021 02:16 AM
      |   view attached

This is a short demo guide using ClearPass  to check if the user is member of nested or higher level AD group. There are many cases that the users are member of a sub group that are all part of a higher level group and you want to create a enforcement policy with fewer rules to check for the membership of a AD user group.

Hope you'll find it useful and as always please send through your feedback for improvements.

regards

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    nestedAD groups-demo v0.1.pdf   1.50 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: ClearPass solution to check if the user is member of nested or higher level AD group

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 18, 2021 01:42 AM
      |   view attached
    I have added the second method to this technote which is based on LDAP OID (1.2.840.113556.1.4.1941)

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    nestedAD groups-demo v0.2.pdf   2.15 MB 1 version

• 3.  RE: ClearPass solution to check if the user is member of nested or higher level AD group

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 26, 2021 05:05 AM
    Related, in video format and using the tokenGroups method instead of SubGroupmemberOf.

Official ClearPass documentation is using tokenGroups.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.