Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Enterprise security using ClearPass Policy Management, ClearPass Security Exchange, IntroSpect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM Intune v5 Extension & Incorrect Intune Wi-Fi MAC Addresses

This thread has been viewed 138 times
  • 1.  CPPM Intune v5 Extension & Incorrect Intune Wi-Fi MAC Addresses

Posted Jun 30, 2021 10:48 AM
    First of all, I would like to say that the Microsoft Intune v5 documentation and the available videos in the Airheads Broadcasting Youtube channel have been excellent. I have successfully implemented RADIUS access for the majority of my Intune enrolled devices on my WLAN.

One issue that I have found, however, is that some devices that are enrolled into Microsoft Intune are reporting their Wi-Fi MAC Address incorrectly - they are reporting the MAC address of the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter on the device instead of the hardware Wi-Fi MAC address. This appears to be a known issue (see hyperlinks below) by a few users. This issue means that the Intune extension will create the endpoint with the wrong MAC address in CPPM and the authentication source filter query will not find the device within Intune because it is comparing the correct MAC address with the wrong MAC address that is listed for the device within Intune.