Security

View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Insight scheduled report window

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Insight scheduled report window

MVP
    Posted Jan 12, 2021 10:23 AM

Trying to set up some reports to run daily. I was wanting them to run each morning at 12am, and run against the previous 24 hours. I chose the "repeat daily" option, but all I get to select is the "hour of day" for the report to start. I dont see an option to specify the window/timeframe the report is actually run against.

I manually triggered a report setup to run at "12am daily" just to see what report window it would use and in the report it stated:
    Report contains data from 2021-01-12 07:50 to 2021-01-12 07:56 MST

So it ran for the previous 6 minutes? Not helpful when I want to run a daily report for all device for the previous day.

Is there no way to specify the report window? Only the start time? This seems pretty limiting - I hope I'm not missing something.

You'll see in my screenshot below that once I choose DAILY, I have no option to set a report window. I can only set the hour of day the report is supposed to kick off. How is it supposed to know if I want the report to cover the last hour, the last day, the last week?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Insight scheduled report window

Posted Mar 19, 2024 09:15 AM

Did you ever get an answer to this?  I am needing to do the same thing.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Insight scheduled report window

MVP
    Posted Mar 22, 2024 12:04 PM

Hey Larry,

Sorry but I do not remember, as my original post is over 3 years old. That was also with a previous employer of mine, while on an older version of Clearpass/Insight.

Looking at my current version 6.10.8 the options look the same, so not sure they expanded on this feature.