Security

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass 6.10 API Calling Guest Device

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  ClearPass 6.10 API Calling Guest Device

Posted Nov 15, 2021 04:48 PM
    Hey All,
    Figured I'd come here before going to support...   I have a question on some API Calls.  I'm trying to automate device registration using captive portals rather than onboarding and it's looking great, except for delivering the account credentials to the users.  What I'm trying to do is replicate this screenshot's function using API with either the device ID or the MAC.

Manually clicking this send email receipt is sending my email template index# 12.  

Now, I know in the API explorer there are a few different ways to trigger emails, I can either trigger an EMAILSEND however, I need to manually collect credentials for this.  There is also SendSMTPReceipt, which says its working, but there is nowhere to specify a TO field, and that is working but not triggering an email delivery, then there is GenerateGuestReceipt, which again, is working but I dont know where that is going.  The GenerateGuestReceipt call requires the endpoint ID and the template index number.  Even though the Device details has a "sponsor_email" field, it is not automatically sending to that email address.

Any insight on how to replicate that screenshot via an API call?  Any help would be appreciated!

• 2.  RE: ClearPass 6.10 API Calling Guest Device
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 19, 2021 10:39 AM
    For anyone who is looking to use API Calls for this function, after working with TAC, the field "email" is required by default.  This config is found in Home » Configuration » Receipts » Email Receipt >>Fields >> Email Fields.  Relatively simple oversight on my part