Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Support migration from legacy to NL

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Support migration from legacy to NL

Posted Dec 17, 2021 03:39 PM
    Hi all,

I have a client that has numerous 25K appliances which long ago migrated to the new licensing scheme (post 6.7.0) and licensing looks fine in the cluster.

Where I am having issues is on the support side.  Support renewals continue to come in with the original hardware support sku's (which include their access license support) and do not have any access support sku's listed.  Is there a document that explains how and when to best migrate the support side to use the newer SKU's? 

Also with the license conversion each of their 25K appliances migrated over to 25000+ access licenses which is awesome but they do not need so many access licenses if they have to pay support on them all.  Can I switch them over to the new support sku's at renewal time but with the appropriate counts based on concurrent usage if it reduces their annual spend for support?  Or again is their a document that explains how to handle this?

Thanks,
    Jeff

------------------------------
    Jeff Davitt

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Support migration from legacy to NL

MVP
    Posted Dec 18, 2021 02:30 AM
    Hi Jeff,

Here is a End-of-Sale of ClearPass Announcement link:
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/support/EOS_CP-HW-5K-25K.pdf

According to this statement, the products are supported till April 1st, 2022 and probably that should be the reason why you still receive support renewals for the old appliance in old SKUs, i assume.

The best would be if you would contact your Aruba Sales Representative in your region and maybe they can provide more information about that.

Shpat

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Support migration from legacy to NL

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2022 04:28 AM
    The old licensing scheme with appliance and unique devices versus the new scheme with concurrent licenses has a different pricing model. In general, it's more attractive to stay on the legacy scheme for support than to move to the new scheme, especially with large appliances like the 25k. Exceptions are where you purchased appliances much larger than the capacity you needed. So it may look like you are paying for far too many licenses, when you add it up it probably is equivalent or better in the old scheme.

Please work with your Aruba partner, distributor, or local Aruba sales team to work out your options and to see what is best for you price-wise as there is no generic answer to that.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.