Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Endpoint Cache

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Endpoint Cache

Posted Nov 22, 2021 04:17 AM
    Hello Team
    I wonder that why Clearpass take endpoint cache. What purpose does it serve? When we push that Clear cache button, what will happen? Will user come as new unknown device when it connect again?

------------------------------
    Munkh Orgil Erdenebat

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Endpoint Cache
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2021 10:24 AM
    That cache is a generic cache for authorization sources. ClearPass will during the authentication cache all information collected from the authorization sources. For Active Directory that makes sense as it reduces the number of queries if you have frequent re-authentications.

For the Endpoint repository that is less useful, and in my experience with most changes, like an endpoint update post-authentication enforcement, the cache is automatically cleared. Can't really remember when I last used that button.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Endpoint Cache

Posted Nov 22, 2021 10:36 AM
    Thanks for the information Mr Robers. Sharing is caring :) Kudos for you

Munkh Orgil Erdenebat

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Endpoint Cache

Posted Feb 29, 2024 08:39 PM

Hi Herman Robers,

you mentioned the cache is automatically cleared, just wonder do we have way to configure the Endpoint cache clear interval ?

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Endpoint Cache

Posted Feb 29, 2024 10:17 PM

Yes you can!