Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).

Clearpass MAC-AUTH with Avaya ERS3526 issues

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Clearpass MAC-AUTH with Avaya ERS3526 issues

Posted Mar 18, 2021 03:33 PM
    Hi all,

I am running into an issue with a customer where we are trying to do mac-auth for their non-802.1x device on an Avaya ERS 3526. We have the switch configured properly as best i can tell (not an avaya expert at all) but yet when the client attempts to auth using PAP after adding it to the mac-auth service as a valid method. without it i see no auth method at all on the request but receive an error 9001. i know avaya has issues with how it sends the password for a NEAP client, but we have adjusted the password format to just macaddr. 

We have previously setup a test switch same make, model, fw and it is working. I have checked the configs side-by-side and other than site specific differences like vlans/IP's they are the same. Has anyone else seen this type of behavior? We have tried multiple devices at this point all yielding the same results.

------------------------------
    STEPHEN SCAROLA
    ------------------------------