Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Endpoints - Known / Unknown / Disabled

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Endpoints - Known / Unknown / Disabled

Posted Nov 03, 2021 03:09 PM
    Anyone know how to take advantage of the 'Disabled Client' radio button for an endpoint in the Endpoints repository? Such as in my Mac Auth policy, I want to create a role mapping that will be applied in my enforcement to deny access to a client.

I would like to see that 'Disabled Client' as an Endpoint attribute. That however does not seem to be the case. The 'Known client' and 'Unknown Client' I believe can be leveraged in that manner but not 'Disabled Client'. There is no option to role map it like I would for most other attributes. 

Thanks in advance!! 

------------------------------
    Philip Wightman, ACEX (AMFX) #69. Aruba Partner Ambassador

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Endpoints - Known / Unknown / Disabled
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 04, 2021 07:09 AM
    The following role mapping works for me, using the Endpoint Repository instead of Endpoint:
    (Authorization:[Endpoints Repository]:Status  EQUALS  Disabled)

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Endpoints - Known / Unknown / Disabled

Posted Nov 04, 2021 08:32 AM
    Sometimes it takes stepping back for a minute and re-evaluating where things are at. After reading your response, I looked at my Role mapping and had already setup exactly what you said. I flipped the disabled flag and it worked just fine. So not sure when in this project I thought it wasnt or when I came to that conclusion! Thank you for getting me back on course. I always appreciate your quick responses Herman!!

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Endpoints - Known / Unknown / Disabled

Posted Nov 04, 2021 08:39 AM
    Found my issue. MAC Auth service was working fine but 8021x was not. I had the Endpoints repository in the Authentication Tab and not the Authorization Tab within the service. I moved it over to Authorization and it now works for 8021x as well. 

Thanks again Herman.