Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Limiting Guest Sponsorship to single OU

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Limiting Guest Sponsorship to single OU

Posted Aug 31, 2021 08:42 AM
    in Guest self-registration portal, I am trying to configure sponsor approval and to limit this to one OU only. I enabled sponsor   authentication as below

bur sponsors still can approve requests without authenticating. Am I missing nay thing here?

I followed the steps in this discussion thread also but it seems this process is deprecated and doesn't apply to 6.9

https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=44723

is this still supported in 6.9? any new documentation? 

------------------------------
    Ahmad Enaya

• 2.  RE: Limiting Guest Sponsorship to single OU

MVP
    Posted Sep 22, 2021 02:04 PM
    In the Sponsor email, what does the URL for approve go to? Are the sponsors already logged into CPPM somewhere or could their browser be caching their session? What you're looking to accomplish is simple w/ the guest access service on Policy Manager as long as they are prompted to sign into the guest module.

Michael Haring

AirHeads MVP 2017, 2019-2021

• 3.  RE: Limiting Guest Sponsorship to single OU

Posted Sep 28, 2021 09:48 AM
    I discovered that customer was using the same machine to approve guest account and he has active session to ClearPass from that machine and that browser. Thanks for the hint

Ahmad Enaya