Security

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM 6.9.0 on WMware Fusion 12.1.0

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  CPPM 6.9.0 on WMware Fusion 12.1.0

Posted Jan 13, 2021 06:11 PM
    Hi,

Can someone please tell me which image I should download from ASP in order to install CPPM 6.9.0 on WMware Fusion 12? I tried by downloading "ClearPass 6.9.0.130064 (Universal ESXi Image)" but couldn't get Fusion to accept any of the files contained in "CPPM-VM-x86_64-6.9.0.130064-ARUBA-ESX-ovf.zip".

I have CPPM instance on the same VMware running on 6.6, and working OK (but "CPPM-VM-x86_64-6.6.0.81015-ESX-CP-VA-ovf.zip" contained .iso file, while 6.9.0 version does not). Now, this might be a 'feature' of latest Fusion that it is not allowing creation of VM from .ovf files, but it doesn't help in this scenario. Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
    [NesaM - ACMP|ACCP|ACDP]

• 2.  RE: CPPM 6.9.0 on WMware Fusion 12.1.0

MVP
    Posted Jan 13, 2021 08:03 PM
    I'll start by saying the fusion has never been an a officially support platform, that said Fusion 12 is using h/w ver 18 the same as ESXi 7.0 U1, now as of a couple of months back only ESXi 7.0 had been validated, which is h/w version 17.... THIS MIGHT BE THE ISSUE YOUR SEEING.

Danny Jump
    "Passionate about CPPM"

• 3.  RE: CPPM 6.9.0 on WMware Fusion 12.1.0

Posted Jan 14, 2021 04:14 AM
    Thanks for the explanation Danny. Can you tell me why is the content of a "....-ovf.zip" files different since the 6.6.0 (not having .iso) file, and if there is a way of working around that?

[NesaM - ACMP|ACCP|ACDP]

• 4.  RE: CPPM 6.9.0 on WMware Fusion 12.1.0

MVP
    Posted Jan 14, 2021 01:21 PM
    Yeah, this was a mistake, there was a short time when by accident the ISO was being bundled with the OVF, it was removed quite quickly and I think from memory the 6.6.0 image was re-uploaded ISO free :)

I assume what you have here is not a recent download from ASP?

Danny Jump
    "Passionate about CPPM"

• 5.  RE: CPPM 6.9.0 on WMware Fusion 12.1.0

Posted Jan 14, 2021 04:54 PM
    You are correct, that was a fairly old install.

Well, one good and one bad news. Good one, I figured out how to load the OVF file into Fusion (was focusing on the wrong method). A bad one, 6.6.0 bundle with ISO file is still on ASP (I suppose nobody, apart from me, is ever trying to download such an old image). Thanks for helping with this, much appreciated.

[NesaM - ACMP|ACCP|ACDP]