Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest self-certificate issue

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest self-certificate issue

Posted Dec 28, 2020 11:45 AM

Dear Arubers,

I am writing to you about a problem encountered on CP server and IAP access points.

I am configuring ClearPass server and I am having a strange certificate issue. After the automatic redirection to GUEST portal, a certificate error si shown. If we look at the certificate used, we find a certificate issued for « setmeup.arubanetworks.com ».

However, on access-point, the Default CP server certificate is « securelogin.arubaneworks.com ». On Clearpass configuration, I changed the the HTTPS certificate (with a public authority) and let the GUEST default address « securelogin.arubaneworks.com » 

So, I don't understand why this message is shown. Could you help me to fin a solution for this issue ?

Thanks for your help :)

------------------------------
    J.B

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest self-certificate issue

Posted Dec 29, 2020 01:04 AM

hi,

it seems your redirection is not working maybe some wrong config on the iap captive portal profile

please could you share some screen from the iap

Alper

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest self-certificate issue

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 29, 2020 08:23 AM

Bonjour,

You need to replace the certificate on IAP (and also change setting on ClearPass (securelogin.arubanetworks.com -> certificate of the IAP)

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281