Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass 6.9 C3000V IOPS

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  Clearpass 6.9 C3000V IOPS

Posted Mar 23, 2021 11:44 PM
    Hi, I am trying to install clearpass VM version 6.9 and when I run the command "show system resources" we get the following warning message "System has failed the minimum required resource checks for C3000V". Below an image of the output. From the output I can see that I meet all the requirements, except that I don't know what are the IOPS requirements because they are not show on the System Requirements for ClearPass Policy Manager 6.9 > Virtual Appliance Requirements > VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) Requirements (see image below)

does someone knows why is it failing?

------------------------------
    Wireless-Global-Support Wireless-Global-Support

• 2.  RE: Clearpass 6.9 C3000V IOPS

MVP
    Posted Mar 24, 2021 01:52 AM
    there was some calculation bugs in early 6.9.x releases....

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/CP_ReleaseNotes_6.9.5/Default.htm#SystemRequirements/VAReqs.htm?Highlight=iops

Danny Jump
    "Passionate about CPPM"

• 3.  RE: Clearpass 6.9 C3000V IOPS

Posted Mar 24, 2021 09:30 AM
    Hi dannyjump, thanks for your reply, I still have a question, why exactly is the "show system-resource" command failing, when I look for the documentation I see this "The input/output operations per second (IOPS) values should be reasonable for the database server" but can't really understand why my test is failing, my vm datastore is running on a local disk on the server.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass 6.9 C3000V IOPS

MVP
    Posted Mar 24, 2021 01:29 PM
    There is a bit of history to what happened with Aruba changing from the Aruba IOPs recommendation in the VM installation guide to throughput and then  before I left pushing this back to IOPs.

What version of CPPM are you running currently, as I said there we're some calculation bugs a while back?

Danny Jump
    "Passionate about CPPM"

• 5.  RE: Clearpass 6.9 C3000V IOPS

Posted Mar 24, 2021 01:53 PM
    Hi, I just upgraded it 6.9.5.131053, see image below showing both the show version and show system-resources

• 6.  RE: Clearpass 6.9 C3000V IOPS

MVP
    Posted Mar 24, 2021 03:01 PM
    I'd raise a TAC case, shouldn't be doing that in 6.9.5 AFAIK.... could be a bug came back into the code :(

Danny Jump
    "Passionate about CPPM"

• 7.  RE: Clearpass 6.9 C3000V IOPS

Posted Mar 24, 2021 03:07 PM
    I just opened a case, I mean maybe my system is actually not passing the test, but I tested on every version from 6.9 to 6.9.5 and I get the same warning on every version