Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Android Provisioning Issues

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Android Provisioning Issues

Posted Dec 23, 2021 03:37 AM
    ClearPass Android Provisioning Issues

Dear All,

We've implemented Aruba Clear Pass as part of the wireless project. However we're having provisioning issues for android devices and please advise and support on the issue.

We've tested it with Windows and IPhones, its working as expected, attached here is the error displayed on android phones, which is "There are no networks defined for your device type. please contact your network administrator.". We've tried with different browsers but not solved.

Regards

ClearPass Android Provisioning Error

------------------------------
    kennedy bizuayehu

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Android Provisioning Issues

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 23, 2021 06:56 AM
    I would work with TAC on that issue. Before you do, check to see if you have the android provisioning on under your supported devices.

Dustin Burns
    Lead Mobility Engineer @WEI

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2021
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Android Provisioning Issues

Posted Dec 23, 2021 09:07 AM
      |   view attached
    Thanks for your response and please see attached here our setup. the difference is we've checked browser check.

is there anything to check ?

kennedy bizuayehu

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Android Provisioning Issues

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 23, 2021 10:01 AM
    Have you tried without the "Enable browser checking for Andriod" option turned on?

Dustin Burns
    Lead Mobility Engineer @WEI

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2021
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Android Provisioning Issues

Posted Dec 29, 2021 03:17 AM
    I've unchecked "Enable browser checking for Android" and tested with different manufacturer smart phones and found some andoid phones working. but not Samsung smart phones, they request certificate selection and domain. do I've to put the domain name ? I've been selecting Don't validate. please advise

kennedy bizuayehu

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Android Provisioning Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2022 11:11 AM
    At what point do these phones ask for the certificate selection? Before or after the Onboarding?
    Do you use single SSID Onboarding (deprecated, move to dual) or dual SSID Onboarding?
    Are you sure that you do the Onboard process from the normal browser on your Android (Chrome)? So not from the automatic pop-up, which is a reduced featured browser that will not support Onboarding; only the browser that users start by themselves.
    Do you have your server certificates (HTTPS) setup correctly on the ClearPass? If you see a certificate warning at any point in the process, expect Onboarding to fail.

Agree on that you probably should work with Aruba Support or your Aruba partner, as there are quite some parts that all need to be set up correctly.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.