Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Receiving continuous alerts for AV/AS signature verification failed.

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Receiving continuous alerts for AV/AS signature verification failed.

Posted Jan 27, 2022 12:40 PM
    Hi All - We are using ClearPass nodes running on 6.7.9 software version. From last day onwards, we are getting continuous alerts every hour in event viewer for "signature verification failed for AV/AS signature version [version number]. Signature update not loaded". I have confirmed that there is no block in firewall level. Please let me know how to fix this.

------------------------------
    Alin Baby

• 2.  RE: Receiving continuous alerts for AV/AS signature verification failed.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2022 06:02 PM
    you know, ClearPass 6.7.x is end of support. i suggest upgrading.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Receiving continuous alerts for AV/AS signature verification failed.

Posted Jan 28, 2022 03:44 AM
    We are already working on the upgrade. I am curious what is causing this alerts as this started few days ago and it is getting triggered every hour.

Alin Baby

• 4.  RE: Receiving continuous alerts for AV/AS signature verification failed.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2022 10:18 AM
    This sounds to me like a certificate that expired in the signatures for the updates. This is likely to be fixed with an upgrade. If you have not opened a TAC case, you could ask them if there is a solution, but as mentioned, you are running an unsupported version of ClearPass, which may have security vulnerabilities as well. Upgrading would be highly recommended.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Receiving continuous alerts for AV/AS signature verification failed.

Posted Jan 31, 2022 02:00 PM
    Thanks for your response Herman. I checked with tac and they suggested to import updates manually but that doesn't fix the issue. Seems like upgrade is only the solution.

Alin Baby