Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM Enforcement policy rule with multiple mac vendors

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  CPPM Enforcement policy rule with multiple mac vendors

Posted Dec 09, 2021 09:15 AM
    Can I have multiple mac vendors in a single rule or do I need to have one rule per vendor?

Looking at the operators I can use, I would assume the only logical one would be the Matches_Regex with a | to seperate, so for example:

MATCHES_REGEX Texas Instruments|Summit Data Communications

Or, would CONTAINS need to match ALL or ANY of the text?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: CPPM Enforcement policy rule with multiple mac vendors

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 10, 2021 08:49 AM
    You may have a look at the BELONGS_TO operator. I think BELONGS_TO Texas Instruments,Summit Data Communications might work.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: CPPM Enforcement policy rule with multiple mac vendors

Posted Dec 15, 2021 10:04 AM
    Neither the BELONGS_TO or the MATCHES_REGEX seem to work.  :-(

• 4.  RE: CPPM Enforcement policy rule with multiple mac vendors

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 17, 2021 10:09 AM
    I just did some testing, and the BELONGS_TO seems not to work with values that have a comma (,) in them. The following MATCHES_REGEX works for me:

(HangZhou Gubei Electronics Technology Co.,Ltd|Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company|Motorola \(Wuhan\) Mobility Technologies Communication Co., Ltd.)
    ​
    This follows: (val1|val2|val3) where in val3 the parentheses need to be escaped for regex matching like \( and \). If you have access to Aruba Support, there are god chances they would be able to help you with this as well.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.