Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM - ClearPass REST API methods for accessing Enforcement (Policies/Profiles)

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  CPPM - ClearPass REST API methods for accessing Enforcement (Policies/Profiles)

Posted Jul 01, 2021 12:56 PM
    We're investigating options for automated importing and changing of various CPPM elements. Exploring the API documentation it looks like there are no methods for the "Enforcement" items, e.g. Policies, Profiles (Classes, Policies).
    Are we looking in the wrong places, or will this functionality be included in future versions ?
    Another option would be to build the XML that can be used with the Import button. This however requires logging in to the GUI.

Regards,
    Albert Siersema

------------------------------
    Albert Siersema

• 2.  RE: CPPM - ClearPass REST API methods for accessing Enforcement (Policies/Profiles)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 02, 2021 09:15 AM
    Please contact your partner to add your request to SEC-I-1667 or SEC-I-1653 in the Aruba Innovation Zone, which describes this feature request. The more requests that are added the better chances to get this added as a feature. I can't comment on the roadmap publicly.

If you have access to Innovation Zone, you can do it yourself. It may also help to reach out to your local Aruba SE to share your thoughts if these are not described in the existing ideas.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: CPPM - ClearPass REST API methods for accessing Enforcement (Policies/Profiles)

Posted Jul 05, 2021 08:04 AM
    Herman,

Thanks !
    I was able to add my vote in the innovation zone.
    One would think that all the functionality provided by the web gui is underpinned by (REST) API calls, and thus exposing this through the "public" API wouldn't be too much trouble :)

Cheers,

Albert Siersema

• 4.  RE: CPPM - ClearPass REST API methods for accessing Enforcement (Policies/Profiles)

Posted Jul 02, 2021 01:15 PM
    Alas Policy Enforcement currently can only be viewed/edited/deleted via the legacy XML interface.

Derin Mellor