Security

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

OnGuard Policy to Force PC's to only connect to secure Wireless networks

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  OnGuard Policy to Force PC's to only connect to secure Wireless networks

Posted Apr 05, 2021 02:40 PM
    Is there a way to using the ClearPass Onguard to force Windows and Mac computers to connect to only secure Wireless networks? For example a user takes their company laptop home to their Wi-Fi network which is unsecured. Can the ClearPass Onguard block them from connecting to that Wi-Fi network?

------------------------------
    Rob Nordeman

• 2.  RE: OnGuard Policy to Force PC's to only connect to secure Wireless networks

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2021 04:05 AM
    I don't think that is possible with OnGuard. I'm not even aware of a product that can do this, and it can be really inconvenient for the end-user to be unable to connect to their home network, but if this is possible I would search for it in a Device Management solution (EMM/MDM) that is more enforcing versus OnGuard is more reporting.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.