Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass 6.9.6 stuck software updates pages

This thread has been viewed 36 times
  • 1.  Clearpass 6.9.6 stuck software updates pages

Posted Oct 13, 2021 06:08 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi All

We have a cluster of Clearpass on 6.9.6

The publisher started to have an issue on not opening the software updates page content.

After you click on the software updates page on publisher , all the menus become somehow stuck.

If you login to subscriber you are able to see all the contents , but not able to check the credentials, since its the subscriber.

Any help here?
    See attached file

Regards and thanks

------------------------------
    Bruno Costa

• 2.  RE: Clearpass 6.9.6 stuck software updates pages

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 14, 2021 08:27 AM
    Have you tried clearing the cookies in your browser? Or can you try the same in a private/incognito window or a different browser?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass 6.9.6 stuck software updates pages

Posted Oct 14, 2021 02:14 PM
    Hi Herman

Yes all browsers and incognito also

I can only access the page on the subscriber but cannot do the updates

Whenever I click on software updates web gui gets stuck

Regards

Bruno Costa

• 4.  RE: Clearpass 6.9.6 stuck software updates pages

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2021 07:34 AM
    Have not seen that before... Would be best to contact Aruba Support as there seems little that you can do if the screen does not appear. If you known which updates you want to do, you can do updates/upgrade form the appadmin CLI as well; command is system update -i http://url-where-clearpass-can-get-the-update-file. More info in the user documentation.

Update from the CLI may fix the issue... but may have a risk as well if your install is corrupted in some way.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass 6.9.6 stuck software updates pages

Posted Oct 15, 2021 10:26 AM
    Hi Herman

Already with aruba support. only way for they is too build a new publisher.

We will try snapshot the VM and then try manual update..

Regards

Bruno Costa

• 6.  RE: Clearpass 6.9.6 stuck software updates pages

Posted Oct 17, 2021 03:23 PM
    I had a similar issue when i upgraded to 6.9.6 for a customer. The update patch applied but cleanup scripts didn't run and the update repo files got corrupted some how. 

The fix was to call TAC and they copied the entire directory structure where the updates were from the working server to an SCP server and then uploaded them to the faulty subscriber. Once restarted it worked ok but it took hours to get this done with TAC. might be quicker to backup / restore.

• 7.  RE: Clearpass 6.9.6 stuck software updates pages

Posted Oct 17, 2021 03:47 PM

Hi Scott

the only difference is that our problem is on the publisher. 

but we can try that copy of files of the subscriber and put them on the publisher. 

the similar issue that you had was not openning the software page also?

regards

Bruno Costa

• 8.  RE: Clearpass 6.9.6 stuck software updates pages

Posted Oct 18, 2021 01:59 AM
    We had the same on out Publisher when upgrading to 6.9.5 patch on a cluster of 4 CPPMs.

To recover we had to Promote Sub2 to Publisher role then rebuilt old Publisher.

Was quick, only drawback is that we had to contact TAC for licenses rehosting.

Regards

Christian

Christian Chautems

• 9.  RE: Clearpass 6.9.6 stuck software updates pages

Posted Oct 18, 2021 03:57 PM
    Hi Christian

when you promote the subscriber licenses are ok?

only need to transfer licenses when you rebuild the publisher correct?

thanks

Bruno Costa

• 10.  RE: Clearpass 6.9.6 stuck software updates pages

Posted Oct 18, 2021 04:08 PM

When you rebuild the old publisher, you can install the original license key, but it will fail to activate. You'll have 90 days to contact TAC and have them reissue a new activation key.

We went through this when I had to rebuild all 3 of our CPPM instances in order to increase the disk space. All these were old upgrades which only had 500gb disks.

First, I rebuilt the new subscribers, then promoted one of them. Finally dropped the original publisher, rebuilt it, add it as a subscriber and finally promoted it back.

Note that in our case, the licenses were still the old model. So I had to get TAC to convert them over to the new license model. Just in case you are still using the old model licenses.

--
    °(((=((===°°°(((================================================