Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Clearpass - NTP issue

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  Aruba Clearpass - NTP issue

Posted Mar 18, 2022 07:53 AM
    hi, 

i have two aruba Clearpass instances in cluster. i am using local active directory as NTP server. i have two issues :

1) only subscriber shows last sync time , but publisher doesnot shows anything. is that normal operation?

2) the time showned by subcriber is 3 mins behind than AD time. how can i adjust this offset ?

------------------------------
    Temur Kalandia

• 2.  RE: Aruba Clearpass - NTP issue

Posted Mar 19, 2022 12:26 PM
    Hi, answering ypur questions:

1.- Yes, as expected
    2.- Make sure the subscribers is ponted to the NTP and the NTP is accesible from it. You can post an image of the suscriber ntp configuration

Ulises Cazares

• 3.  RE: Aruba Clearpass - NTP issue

Posted Mar 20, 2022 08:14 PM
    hi, 
    thank for the response.

here is the acreenshots from the NTP configuration:

all clearpass servers and NTP are in the same subnet. they are synced , also some other controllers are syncing time, but only that clearpass instances are behing in 3 minutes.

Temur Kalandia

• 4.  RE: Aruba Clearpass - NTP issue

Posted Mar 20, 2022 08:21 PM
    basically , the reaosn why i care about those offset minutes is , i cant join clearpass to AD . i think it is related to this issue.

Temur Kalandia

• 5.  RE: Aruba Clearpass - NTP issue

Posted Mar 21, 2022 02:48 AM
    hello again, 
    i did CLI access to both of the clearpass instances,  command "show date" shows the exaclty the the same time as it is in NTP server. based on this i assume that there is something buggy in web interface and NTP is working normally. 

thank you everyone for support.

Temur Kalandia

• 6.  RE: Aruba Clearpass - NTP issue

MVP
    Posted Apr 26, 2022 10:13 AM
    The system time should be shown at the bottom of the WebUI, not in the Server Configuration section. What you're looking at is the last sync time, which is when the subscriber last sync'd with the publisher. This takes place every 5 minutes or so and will show you the last time it sync'd, not the current time. Is the time at the bottom of the WebUI matching the NTP server?

Michael Haring