Security

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I edit the CPG's Device Import Receipt

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  How can I edit the CPG's Device Import Receipt

Posted Jun 28, 2021 06:12 AM
    On ClearPass 6.9.6 I'm using the CPG's Device Import file to pull devices and generate their mpsk passcodes. The CSV file I'm using is this:
    Is Device MAC Address Role mpsk mpsk_enable full name Activation Expiration Lifetime Sponsor Notes
    Yes 1122334455 MPSK-PDQ 1 16571342 0 fredblogs Location details

This works fine. I'm using ClearPass to generate the mpsk passcode (mpsk column empty). This works great.

However, the generated receipt does not report the MPSK passcode:

How can I edit this receipt?

This means I have to go to the Manage Devices-->Show Details to see each MPSK passcode.

I realise I can fill the mpsk with my own columns (eg Excel cell using function =RANDBETWEEN(1000000,99999999)) but generating a more complex passcode gets complicated and ClearPass already has the built in capability...

------------------------------
    Derin Mellor
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: How can I edit the CPG's Device Import Receipt

Posted Jun 29, 2021 09:48 AM
    Do you have CPG -> Configuration -> Guest Manager 
    Password Options -> Password Display Checked?

• 3.  RE: How can I edit the CPG's Device Import Receipt

Posted Jun 29, 2021 12:26 PM

Hmm, it might work, but the concern is that various other groups that definitely should not have visibility may get visibility. I really only want it on Imported endpoint's receipts.

Meanwhile, I have used Excel to create the MPSK passcodes...

Regards Derin

Principle ClearPass Engineer

Blue Sky Systems Limited

Tel: 03300 101 550

DDI: 03300 101 474

Mobile: 07749 100 180

Email: derin.mellor@blueskysystems.com

Web: www.blueskysystems.co.uk

Registered in England No: 8856125

Registered Office: Dorset House, Regent Park, 297-299 Kingston Road, Leatherhead, KT22 7PL

• 4.  RE: How can I edit the CPG's Device Import Receipt

Posted Jun 29, 2021 12:49 PM
    In the Operator's Profiles you can restrict the to the User or Profile so that you can restrict the viewing to devices created by the specific users or operator profiles.
    Administration -> Operator Logins -> Profiles
    The go to the Operator Filter.

If you need to be a bit more sophisticated with the filter there is also the User Account Filter to set specific filter for what the Operator Profile can see. 

This can help reduce the list of devices between operators if this is a multiple tenant solution to simplify the user's view as well, and likely something you'll want to do in a larger deployment even with the password field disabled.