Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Internal database debugging

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Internal database debugging

Posted Jan 05, 2022 01:51 PM
    I have an SSID, with PSK + Mac auth. I built it using Mr. RFC template. Airheads Community
    Airheads Community remove preview
    Airheads Community
    Hidden page that shows all messages in a thread
    View this on Airheads Community >
    . I just changed the location from his MM to MD. Nothing is getting authenticated, and I suspect it's in the MAC auth portion. Are there debug commands to see what happens on the DB side?

------------------------------
    Mark Reimer

• 2.  RE: Internal database debugging

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 05, 2022 10:13 PM
    Do you see access request hitting access tracker / event viewer? If yes, can you export and share the dashboard logs

Mathew George

• 3.  RE: Internal database debugging

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2022 09:51 AM
    What is the output of 'show auth-tracebuf'? There you can see the username being sent. Also, for MAC auth make sure you have an account that has the username and password both set to the mac address in the right format (colon, lower case if that is what you configured).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: Internal database debugging

Posted Jan 06, 2022 10:26 AM
    Found out the problem for this problem. My phone was set to random mac address :(. My bad.