Security

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

[Onboard Devices Repository]

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  [Onboard Devices Repository]

Posted Oct 04, 2021 03:21 PM

Hello all

Quick and stupid question ...
    please guys explain what is a purpose and what is going into  [Onboard Devices Repository]

Certificates for already provisioned devices are inside?
    I am not sure for when this repository should be used, for authentication services or authorization attributes?

I will appreciate any simple explanation
    Thank You

------------------------------
    #MJ

• 2.  RE: [Onboard Devices Repository]

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 04, 2021 06:39 PM
    It is not used.

Tim C

• 3.  RE: [Onboard Devices Repository]

Posted Oct 05, 2021 04:53 AM
    Thank You for reply sir Tim
    However can You explain what was a purpose of this repository please?
    For some reason it has been created and in my old lab guide to CPPM Essential training it was used during onboarding process

Milosz Jaworski

• 4.  RE: [Onboard Devices Repository]
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 05, 2021 08:51 AM
    The [Onboard Device Repository] is a left-over from the past where some devices used PEAP with passwords instead of EAP-TLS for Onboarding. A provisioned device account would end up in that repository. But, now all devices support TLS it is no longer used.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: [Onboard Devices Repository]

Posted Oct 05, 2021 09:53 AM

Thank You sir!
    by the way I am huge fan of your Aruba Workshop movies on YT .... great work sir! :)