Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).

Insight report generation

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Insight report generation

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 06, 2021 07:02 AM
    Just dipping my tow into  insight report generation

I am in the
    the process of rolling out  multi site NAC solution using clearpass and 2930 switches. Switches currently have static vlan/port assignements and  inital NAC switch configurations will have auth-vid set to whatever VLAN a switch port is currenty  statically assigned to.  When clearpass processes an Access-Request its going to either return an Access-Accept packet with a named vlan if  we have processed the device fingerprint to assign a role, or no vlan if we don't. The  client device therefor will either be placed in a new (named) vlan or "stay where it is" .

I therfor need to generate an insight report for all devices that "stay wher they are" i.e. that have fingerprints we dont recognise ( have not assigned a role based upon what we see) and have sent bck a minimal Access-Accept packet.

Thought  that  inserting an endpoint attribute for devices  that have an access-accept packet without a  VLAN definition might be the way to go and then to generate a report  listing all the endpoints that have that attribute present.

Guess simple question is can I generate an insight report listing all endpoints that contain a specific attribute?

Rgds
    Alex

------------------------------
    Alex Sharaz
    ------------------------------