Security

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Enterprise security using ClearPass Policy Management, ClearPass Security Exchange, IntroSpect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest - Custom values field expire_after in different forms

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest - Custom values field expire_after in different forms

Posted 26 days ago
    Hi Community,

I've been struggling on this for some time on customizing the Clearpass Guest.
    We plan to use Guest manager for both Device and Guest access, but expiration options need to be different.

I configured all the available values in Configuration --> Guest Manager, and can customize the values from the field editing menu.

Thing is the expire_after field is used on many forms so modifications will apply to both Guest and Devices menus.

I can create a expire_after_guest and expire_after_devices with different values and apply them to the different forms, but when submitting the form the parameter is not applied (i guess the form is expecting as argument a expire_after and not any other custom name for the expiration after value)

How can I achieve this ?
    I've checked the document but i had no luck so far.

Thank you for your advises !

------------------------------
    Florian

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest - Custom values field expire_after in different forms

Posted 26 days ago
    Have not tried, but this post has the suggestion to override the expire_after field per form (leave the base field in-tact).

You should even be able to duplicate the existing forms into different, and link those to different Operator Profiles to have different options for the different operators. The documentation may be a bit brief on these advanced topics, and getting TAC involved may help if you can't make it work yourself.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.