View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Know What IoT Devices Are Being Added to Your Network

This thread has been viewed 69 times
  • 1.  Know What IoT Devices Are Being Added to Your Network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2021 11:58 PM
    Lack of visibility, coupled with the challenge of identifying IoT devices, can leave security teams unaware of which new devices are being connected to the network. Join this demo session to see how Aruba Central's ClearPass Device Insight dynamically secures your networks by using machine learning, behavior, and security context to identify and profile - with great accuracy - a wider range of device types.

------------------------------
    Greg Weaver
    Airheads Community Admin

• 2.  RE: Know What IoT Devices Are Being Added to Your Network

Posted Apr 14, 2021 09:45 AM
    Greg,
    The link to this from the session details is incorrect. It goes to an SD-WAN post.  Can you correct that so that other can collaborate here please.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Jeff Davitt

• 3.  RE: Know What IoT Devices Are Being Added to Your Network

Posted Apr 14, 2021 09:54 AM
    I believe I heard in Marc's presentation that Device insight can now work in conjunction with Clearpass' integrated profiler.  Can someone confirm this?

I have a large client with about 80 locations.  75 of them are fine with CPPM's the built-in profiling.  the remaining sites need additional scrutinization to determine device classification.   I originally was told that device insight was all-or-nothing with regard to profiling for CPPM.  In other words you had to either use the internal profiler or use Device Insight but not both.  This would potentially force me to unnecessarily use more collectors and would also force dhcp helper changes across hundreds of vlans.

Please let me know if it is now possible to use both methods simultaneously.

Thanks

Jeff Davitt

• 4.  RE: Know What IoT Devices Are Being Added to Your Network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2021 12:55 PM
    Hi Jeff,

My presentation discussed how Device Insight is now integrated directly within Central and it uses native telemetry coming from Aruba infra such as IAP and SD-Branch GW.  This is in contrast to the CPDI standalone app where the data is coming from the collector. 

With regards to integration between CPDI and CPPM, we treat CPDI as the single source of truth for device profiling/classification.  So it is still the case that if CPDI is used, then the CPPM built-in profiling will be disabled.  

As we move forward, CPDI will be the central source of device info across Aruba.  For instance, the CPDI info also gets shared with EdgeConnect (SilverPeak) and there is direct integration between EdgeConnect and CPPM as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Marc

MARC IBANEZ