Comware

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Insertion of a second MM into a live VSF 2-member switch for OOBM MAD redundancy

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  Insertion of a second MM into a live VSF 2-member switch for OOBM MAD redundancy

Posted May 13, 2022 01:29 AM
    Hi All,
    I have a 2-member 5406Rzl2 VSF switch with 2 x 10Gb VSF links, and both members have just 1 management module inserted.
    I am in process of configuring OOBM MAD via an indirect link on both member 1 and 2 management modules to a directly connected 4-member 5700 IRF switch.
    I would like to insert a second management module on both 5406 members whilst the VSF switch is still running (for redundancy in case the first MM fails on either member)
    I have read on this forum
    5400 VSF with redundant management modules - How to connect OOBM-MAD? | Wired Intelligent Edge (arubanetworks.com)
    that the second MM will be inactive when inserted into a VSF switch.
    Will the switch/member reboot when i insert the second management module?
    Do i need to add a second ip address for member 1 and 2 oobm ports (ie. member 1 has second MM OOBM IP of 10.10.3.9, member 2 has second MM OOBM IP of 10.10.3.10), or will the second MM just assume the IP address of the active MM, if the active MM fails on any member?

Current config:

oobm
        ip address dhcp-bootp
        vsf member 1
            ip address 10.10.3.7 255.255.255.0
            exit
        vsf member 2
          ip address 10.10.3.8 255.255.255.0
          exit
        exit

Any help on this would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    James

• 2.  RE: Insertion of a second MM into a live VSF 2-member switch for OOBM MAD redundancy

Posted Jun 09, 2022 01:07 PM
    useful information