Comware

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

HP FlexFabric 5700 (Comware) VLAN 1-to-1 Mapping. ISP assigned vlan I already use

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  HP FlexFabric 5700 (Comware) VLAN 1-to-1 Mapping. ISP assigned vlan I already use

Posted Mar 10, 2022 01:37 PM

I have a new feed from an ISP, that would be slow to respond to any change requests.

They tagged this drop with a vlan ID of 10, which I happen to already be using on my switches.

I want a brand new vlan (let's say 33) for this.

Is it possible on HP flexfabric to take this feed, strip the 10 and put it in 33 on my side?

This is working (but undesired):

interface T1/0/2
    port link-type trunk
    port trunk permit vlan 10

I can then put a VirtualMachine in Vlan10 or even assign a VLAN-Interface10 on the switch itself and ping the ISP's gateway.

What I WANT to do is essentially retag anything coming in on vlan 10, as vlan 33 on my side - and vice versa. With loads of reading I tried this:

(Vlan 10 already exists on my side, Vlan 33 is new)

interface Ten-GigabitEthernet1/0/2
     port link-type trunk
     undo port trunk permit vlan 1
     port trunk permit vlan 33 10
     vlan mapping 33 translated-vlan 10

or

interface Ten-GigabitEthernet1/0/2
     port link-type trunk
     undo port trunk permit vlan 1
     port trunk permit vlan 33 10
     vlan mapping 10 translated-vlan 33

Have also tried inserting both vlan mapping statements.

I've also tried various iterations of a hybrid port and setting 10 as tagged and 33 as untagged & vice-versa.

I feel like I'm missing something silly and driving myself mad.

Is there anyone that could provide some insight?

------------------------------
    Daniel Dudkin

• 2.  RE: HP FlexFabric 5700 (Comware) VLAN 1-to-1 Mapping. ISP assigned vlan I already use

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 10, 2022 05:40 PM
    Hello Daniel, I believe the latter one-to-one mapping is the expected one (the VLAN 10 is the original VLAN and the VLAN 33 is the translated VLAN, the one you want translated). Have you read this? also I remember tip here about the VLAN Mapping.

Davide Poletto