Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central API Gateway: a report with the list of APs and subscriptions per client in MSP view

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central API Gateway: a report with the list of APs and subscriptions per client in MSP view

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 09, 2017 11:41 AM
      |   view attached

This is an update of the former post available here: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/Aruba-Central-API-Gateway-and-how-to-create-a-CSV-file-using/td-p/311618 

Here I attach a Python script that will help us to get an Escel file (.cvs file) with the list of APs and subscriptions that every customer has been assigned in the MSP view.

It is an upgraded version of the former code. Now only a generated “access_token” is needed as an input. See the previous post, steps 1-3, if you are not sure how to get it.

It is important to point that in order to automate the “get request” operations I am using the non-GMO library for Python called “requests”, available here. It is necessary to install this library to run the attached code.

When running this script you must copy and paste the generated “access_token”:

script mejorado.png

As a result you get a .cvs file in the same path where you are running the script. This is an example of the generated file:

ejemplo APs subscripciones.png

I hope it could help you positioning the advanced features only available with Aruba Central. 

Esteban Tayo.

Systems Engineer - Aruba Mexico 

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central API Gateway: a report with the list of APs and subscriptions per client in MSP view

Posted Oct 22, 2020 05:21 PM
      |   view attached

I wanted the functionality that this script / API provided but the script no longer worked for me, so I updated it to python3.

It's attached below. I'm on the EU-1 Central so if you're on a different zone you'll need to update the "url_base_msp" link in the script.

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central API Gateway: a report with the list of APs and subscriptions per client in MSP view

Posted Feb 26, 2021 05:12 AM
    Hi.

Is it possible for us mere mortals (who are not MSPs) to generate such a list, with serial, mac address and subscription status?

I've been searching through the entire API site (https://eu-apigw.central.arubanetworks.com/swagger/) but either I'm lousy at searching (which I hope is the case) or there is no way?

Found it. I misinterpreted the "deprecated" and "new" prefixes in the list.

Thanks for the script btw.

------------------------------
    Essi A
    ------------------------------