Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Update switch templates in AirWave

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  Update switch templates in AirWave

Posted Oct 13, 2020 12:50 AM

Hi.

I am looking at using AirWave to manage some Aruba switches. The switches are in "Manage Read/Write" mode. The switches have the template applied to them. If I try to edit the group template (Groups | Templates), I have the option to Save or Save and Apply. If I select Save, nothing seems to happen. If I select Save and Apply, any changes to the template are immediately pushed to the switches.

Ideally, I'd like to modify/update the template, save it, and then run a Compare Configuration between each switch and the template before applying. Is this possible?

Under Groups | Basic, I have the following configured:

Push full template configuration and reboot the switch - Factory-default only

Switch Configuration to Audit With - Group Template

Regards

• 2.  RE: Update switch templates in AirWave

Posted Nov 04, 2020 05:21 PM
    Sure - change the switch from "Manage Read/Write" to "Monitor Only + Firmware Upgrades" before you apply the changes.
    After changes apply to the "desired" configuration, your switches will show up as mismatched, and you can look at the specific differences.

To complete the changes, set them back to "Manage Read/Write."

------------------------------
    Matthew Sabin
    ------------------------------