Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions

Airwave import SNMP location and contact field data from device or API

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Airwave import SNMP location and contact field data from device or API

Posted Sep 24, 2020 03:30 AM

We currently deploying ~1500 2930m switches using airwave templates and dynamic variables. Some dynamic variables are used to fill the snmp location and contact information in the switch configuration. So far so good.

We already deployed ~500 switches and would like to sync the device managements fields "Location" and "Contact" in Airwave for those (currently they are unused/empty). I'm aware of the "Import Settings" button in the management area of devices. Since our template using a management vlan other then "vlan 1", and "vlan 1" is configured with "no ip address", a sync results in device management settings, where "Use DHCP" isn't set to nothing, the "IP address" and "Subnet Mask" field is empty.

I thought i could workaround this, by using the a custom script, reading the device SNMP location and contact by a direct snmp query to the device itself and updating the aruba device management fields "Location" and "Contact" by XML-API POST. Unfortunately the API fields "syscontact" and "syslocation" are just readable and not writeable. This is also documented in the API guide.

Any further ideas or workarounds. Are there any template settings i have missed to use the "Import Settings" button, when using a management vlan other than ".