Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Monitoring AOS 8 cluster using snmp

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  Monitoring AOS 8 cluster using snmp

Posted Jan 16, 2019 03:32 AM

I would like to monitor an AOS 8 cluster where I would like to check if all members are online, if the cluster is L2 or L3 connected and also check the load on the cluster (AP's and users).

All should preferably be done using snmp.

If I know the proper OID's I will write scripts for Nagios and make them available on nagiosexchange.org. :-)

• 2.  RE: Monitoring AOS 8 cluster using snmp

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2019 06:40 AM

In the Downloads folder for each version of ArubaOS software are the mibs that are self-documenting.  You might want to thumb through those to see if there is anything you would want to monitor.

• 3.  RE: Monitoring AOS 8 cluster using snmp

Posted Jan 16, 2019 06:49 AM

I had a close look at the mib files, but I was not able to find anything on clustering in them. Maybe I should look for something else and not for clustering. If anybody could point me in the right direction, that would be really helpfull.

• 4.  RE: Monitoring AOS 8 cluster using snmp

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2019 06:55 AM

I don't think the Mibs (obtaining info with SNMP gets) have anything specific to clustering, because they have not changed much in years.  You might have better luck monitoring traps and syslog to monitor cluster status.  Please take a look at the 8.3.x Syslog messages document here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=32542 to see if there is a syslog message that you might want to monitor, instead.

• 5.  RE: Monitoring AOS 8 cluster using snmp

Posted Jun 23, 2021 11:18 AM
    Hi, I am also looking for the OID's for ArubaOS 8.x to monitor clusters using SNMP but I can not find this information anywhere. The link that you provided above is not working. Can someone please share where to acquire this information?

------------------------------
    Michael Duong
    ------------------------------