Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with IMC and AirWave network management solutions.
Expand all | Collapse all

AMPADMIN and AMPRECOVERY expired?

Jump to Best Answer
This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  AMPADMIN and AMPRECOVERY expired?

Posted Jan 09, 2020 01:06 PM

I was attempting to login to my AMP 8.2.10.0 installation with AMPADMIN when I recieved the error:

Your account has expired; please contact your system administrator

Authentication toekn expired

I then tried to login with AMPRECOVERY and received the same error. Any idea what is going on?

• 2.  RE: AMPADMIN and AMPRECOVERY expired?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 10, 2020 03:26 AM

Did you changed amprecovery password during upgrade or installation? Default password is recovery, if it still throwing same error with default password, open TAC ticket. We need to get in to resuce mode and reset password.

• 3.  RE: AMPADMIN and AMPRECOVERY expired?

Posted Jan 10, 2020 10:08 AM

The recovery password was not changed and when attempting to login with it I receive the same error. I'll open a TAC case but what caused/causes this?

• 4.  RE: AMPADMIN and AMPRECOVERY expired?

Posted Jan 16, 2020 02:48 PM

FYI - a TAC case was opened, they informed me this is the new norm, all passwords expire every 90 days. Had to boot off of CentOS DVD and use the recovery to reset.

• 5.  RE: AMPADMIN and AMPRECOVERY expired?

Posted Jan 16, 2020 02:55 PM

The issue is on 8.2.10.0 version only. With 8.2.10.1 (already released), AMP CLI and AMP recovery password wont expire like in pre 8.2.10 releases.  I would suggest to upgrade to 8.2.10.1 whenever possible to avoid this issue.

• 6.  RE: AMPADMIN and AMPRECOVERY expired?

Posted Mar 15, 2021 04:29 PM
    I have this issue now with 8.2.11.0, so it would seem the issue remains.

------------------------------
    Bryan Tetlow

• 7.  RE: AMPADMIN and AMPRECOVERY expired?

Posted Jun 10, 2021 05:16 AM
    I have the issue with 8.2.11.2! Again.... ;(

Marco Ziolkowski

• 8.  RE: AMPADMIN and AMPRECOVERY expired?

Posted Jan 17, 2020 04:02 AM

It is 60 days not 90 days and as suggested by Gowri, upgrade server to latest code.

• 9.  RE: AMPADMIN and AMPRECOVERY expired?

Posted Jan 27, 2020 08:19 AM

I have the same issue; my system access is gone. Can you please explain a little bit more what means "Had to boot off of CentOS DVD and use the recovery to reset." I downloaded a CentOS version 7 iso image and watched some videos. But they are talking always about to reset the root user which is not existing on AirWave. Can you maybe provide a link to a quickref?

Thank you for helping

Marcello

• 10.  RE: AMPADMIN and AMPRECOVERY expired?

Posted Jan 27, 2020 09:12 AM

We can also use 8.2.10 ISO image to get in to resuce mode. I would suggest to open TAC ticket, on public fourm it is not possbile to provide steps on how to get in to rescue mode and reset password as we know root access is blocked.

• 11.  RE: AMPADMIN and AMPRECOVERY expired?

Posted Jan 28, 2020 09:14 AM

Okay, will open a TAC case for this. Thanks

@Pavan Arshewar wrote:

We can also use 8.2.10 ISO image to get in to resuce mode. I would suggest to open TAC ticket, on public fourm it is not possbile to provide steps on how to get in to rescue mode and reset password as we know root access is blocked.