Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

IMC Network Topology Note Limitation

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  IMC Network Topology Note Limitation

Posted Dec 09, 2021 09:23 AM
    We are running version 7.3 E0706 of HPE IMC.  I have been adding notes to my network topology map. in order to better describe my network.  I added approximately 20 notes, but I am unable to add any more.  I tried deleting a note and adding it back to see if I was limited to 20 notes per map, but even with 19 notes on the map I am unable to add any more.  I do not receive an error message.  Any thoughts as to why I am unable to add any more notes?

------------------------------
    Van Jones

• 2.  RE: IMC Network Topology Note Limitation

Posted Dec 09, 2021 02:38 PM
    i need to know hot can i deploy imc send to me in my mail tech@easyvision-it.com

waleed mohamed

• 3.  RE: IMC Network Topology Note Limitation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 13, 2021 07:28 AM
    Hello,

Does this happen on all your topologies when you add a lot of notes, or is it a one-off issue? I guess you could try clearing browser cache / trying a different browser or from a different system and see if any of that works, as that can help determine if it's just a browser/client issue, or an actual IMC issue. I'm not aware of any note limitations on the topologies, or bugs related to this on E0706, and can confirm that I'm able to add more than 20 notes on my lab network topologies without issues.

Justin Guse

• 4.  RE: IMC Network Topology Note Limitation

Posted Dec 13, 2021 10:06 AM
    Hi Justin,
    Thanks for the response.  I only had one custom view up until now.  I just added a second custom view and was able to add more than 20 notes on that view.  I and my coworkers have the same issue with my original view no matter which browser we choose (Chrome, Firefox, Edge).
    This view has been carried over from multiple versions of Procurve and IMC, so maybe there is some baggage brought forward from the older version that's causing this?

Van Jones

• 5.  RE: IMC Network Topology Note Limitation
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 13, 2021 10:35 AM
    FYI,
    I deleted an unmanaged device that had somehow made it to my custom view and tried adding a note again.  It worked this time.  Thanks again for your time.

Van Jones