Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

IMC logs into Switches every 2 hours

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  IMC logs into Switches every 2 hours

Posted Apr 21, 2022 05:51 AM
    Hi there,

IMC as a user logs into switch every 2 hours. Is there a way to limit this as its taking up a lot of the logbuffer?

Any aid or help with this is much appreciated.
    Kind regards

------------------------------
    Patrick Byrne

• 2.  RE: IMC logs into Switches every 2 hours

Posted Apr 25, 2022 10:54 AM
    We were having a similar problem with IMC logging in too frequently to our CX switches. An IMC upgrade to newest version fixed the issue. A work-around until our IMC upgrade was to limit number of allowed sessions on our CX switches:
    Cli-session
    Max-per-user 2

• 3.  RE: IMC logs into Switches every 2 hours

Posted Apr 25, 2022 10:55 AM
    We were having the same problem with IMC logging in to our CX switches so frequently that all of the ssh sessions were used up and we couldn't login to our switches. A work-around was to limit the sessions on the switches:
    Cli-session
    max-per-user 2

The ultimate fix was for us to upgrade IMC to the newest version. The excessive logins stopped. I am also curious if you can manually adjust the frequency of logins in IMC though. Following.

• 4.  RE: IMC logs into Switches every 2 hours

Posted Apr 25, 2022 11:39 AM
    Hi, 
    Many thanks for your reply. I have already upgraded IMC to the latest version as well but it did not get rid of the issue. Its a real pain.
    I hope someone here can help with a resolution. Are you definitely up to the latest version; E0706H07?

Thanks again

Patrick Byrne

• 5.  RE: IMC logs into Switches every 2 hours
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 26, 2022 05:47 AM
    Hi Patrick,

The latest version is now E0706P11 which was released a few weeks ago. Please check ASP:
    https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads;products=HPE%20Intelligent%20Management%20Center%20%28IMC%29

This is a patch release with a lot of fixes so it could help.

If you really want to limit iMC logging into the switch every 2 hours, you could also try changing the Configuration Poll Interval (Modify Poll Interval for the device) to a higher value, as that's every 2 hours by default. Or change Login Type to None, but then you lose access to features that require the CLI like configuration backup/restore.

Justin Guse

• 6.  RE: IMC logs into Switches every 2 hours

Posted Apr 26, 2022 12:42 PM
    Patrick, In the case you are not aware of, you do not need to change the "Poll Interval" in all the switches one at the time.
    You can do it in one go with "Resource -> Batch Operation -> Poll Interval Settings".

Alternatively if your issue is more with logfile size, you can also rise the threshold in the Operation Log setting to WARNING or ERRORS.

Ray

Raymond Papaux

• 7.  RE: IMC logs into Switches every 2 hours

Posted Apr 26, 2022 12:49 PM
    Hi all,

Many thanks for your help with this. I have configured the polling interval within IMC settings etc and all looks good. Ill upgrade IMC to the latest version also. Once again thanks for the help

Patrick Byrne

• 8.  RE: IMC logs into Switches every 2 hours

Posted May 10, 2022 05:39 AM
    Hi Justin,

I just want to be 100% sure that I can upgrade to the E0706P11 from E0706H07. In the release notes it certainly looks like I can but just want to be 100%. If you can let me know at your earliest convenience that would be great.

Many thanks

Patrick Byrne

• 9.  RE: IMC logs into Switches every 2 hours

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 11, 2022 07:44 AM
    Hi Patrick,

Yes, I can confirm that you can upgrade from H07 as well. I'm not aware of any upgrade issues from this or other E0706 versions to P11.

Justin Guse