Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

HPE OfficeConnect Switch 1920S 1x Vlan on 2 Routers

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  HPE OfficeConnect Switch 1920S 1x Vlan on 2 Routers

Posted Jan 18, 2022 12:59 PM

Hello all,

weg got a a new Switch but i never worked wit any HP Product so i got some Problems.

But first of all whats the Target:

We have 2 Routers

Router1: IP:122.122.122.1

Router2: IP:111.111.111.1

then the HPE Switch

Now i want the Switch to be in both Routers so he has the connection to both internetconnections.

Then he have to gave the Clients his own IP-Range so lets say it has to be 133.133.133.1 for the Switch himself and 133.133.133.2-200 for the Clients on him.

If Router1 lost his Internetconnection the Switch goes over Router2 in the internet and the same on the other direction.A Simple Failover for the Internetconnection if u want so.

And the Last think it should be Load Balancing between Router1 and Router2 if both are online and connected to the Internet.

Can anyone help me pls with that i only used Cisco in my life so far and i rly see just woods in the HPW Web Interface^^

------------------------------
    janis tribeß

• 2.  RE: HPE OfficeConnect Switch 1920S 1x Vlan on 2 Routers

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 18, 2022 02:47 PM
    You can only configure static routing on that switch. You may just have to create a primary static default route, and a standby static default route with a higher metric. I don't think you are going to be able to get load-balancing going on it either.

You are also only able to have the switch perform as a DHCP-Relay (forwarding DHCP requests to a DHCP server) and can not create and manage its own DHCP scopes.

I assume also that you are performing NAT on the routers, and do not plan on doing it on the switch either as this is not an option.

Dustin Burns
    Lead Mobility Engineer @WEI

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2021
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: HPE OfficeConnect Switch 1920S 1x Vlan on 2 Routers

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 19, 2022 02:54 AM
    Hello Janis, for this task you need a Dual WAN Firewall (generally with dual WAN the Firewall has load-balancing capabilities too and can deal with NAT without issues), a Switch is a Switch - especially the one you're referring to - and not a Firewall.

Davide Poletto