Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Connect multiple HPE Aruba switches togheter

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Connect multiple HPE Aruba switches togheter

Posted Jan 16, 2022 04:20 PM
    Good evening, I had a question to ask: I need to review an infrastructure that mounts several Aruba switches. Some are connected to the root switch with one, two, or four ports configured as TRUNK; others with one, two or four ports configured in LACP; others instead with a single port tagged on the various VLANs so that it is actually a "trunk". What would be the best practices to optimize traffic sorting and correctly connect the various products (they are all HPE Aruba, some from 8, some from 24, others from 48 ports). How many lan ports should you use to connect each switch to the other?
    Thank you.
    ------------
    Simone
    ------------

• 2.  RE: Connect multiple HPE Aruba switches togheter

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 18, 2022 05:07 AM
    That is a design question, which is extensively covered in the Aruba training curriculum Aruba Certified Design Associate/Professional/Expert.

In general, make sure your uplinks have enough capacity to not be a bottleneck. And make sure your uplinks and the network has enough redundancy to meet your availability requirements. It really depends on your environment, and what you do with it. Most Aruba partners offer services for the design and initial setup of your network.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------