Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

SSL Certificate Issue

This thread has been viewed 62 times
  • 1.  SSL Certificate Issue

Posted Aug 12, 2021 11:33 PM
    Hello everyone,

I am having some trouble getting a certificate onto our 2930f switch. We would like to add one in order to make use of an TLS connection when accessing the GUI via the switch's IP address.

We do not have ClearPass, I am looking for a way to manually upload these certificates. I have tried to generate a CSR but the commands I have found thus far online don't seem to be working and the generate CSR option in the GUI is greyed out. 

I have also tried to generate a certificate from our local CA but I cannot quite figure out how to upload this into the switch for use.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: SSL Certificate Issue

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 18, 2021 03:19 PM
    What command do you are using ?

------------------------------
    PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCL: Powershell Module to use Aruba Central

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281

• 3.  RE: SSL Certificate Issue

Posted Aug 20, 2021 09:20 AM
    The command I had tried to use to generate a CSR was:

crypto pki csr {rsa key_len <key_val> |{ec curve-name <key_val>} common_name <common_val> country <country_val> state_or_province <state> city <city_val> organization <organization_val> unit <unit_val> email <email_val>

But this didn't seem to work and in the GUI the CSR option is greyed out. 

My second thought was to just get my internal CA to generate a certificate which I was able to do but I am scratching my head actually trying to get the certificate into the switch for use.

• 4.  RE: SSL Certificate Issue
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 24, 2021 05:45 AM
    As far as I know, you will need to create the CSR on the switch, but with a slightly different command.

Check the ArubaOS Security Guide for 2930F, starting at page 738 to see the steps.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: SSL Certificate Issue

Posted Aug 30, 2021 12:49 PM
    Thanks a lot! This is exactly what I was looking for.