Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

New to Airwave - discovery questions

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  New to Airwave - discovery questions

Posted Jun 25, 2021 12:43 PM
    Hello,
    I'm new to Airwave and just getting our deployment set up. We are planning to use Airwave to monitor our Aruba Mobility Master+Mobility Controllers+AP's. I have a couple questions about the device discovery.

1) It seems like the AP's were not found by discovery, but were simply added when the discovery process found the Mobility Master. Is that how this works? Does my discovery range need to scan the entire subnet to add new APs we bring online? Or will those just populate automagically (without discovery) because we have the Mobility Master added?
    2) I've also got our two mobility controllers discovered and added into Airwave. However, the discovery seems to be finding duplicates of the controllers for some reason, listing them duplicates as new devices. Has anyone seen this happen?

I suppose if the answer to #1 is that AP's are added automatically because the MM is added, then I might just turn off discovery for the time being as we won't be adding more MM's or MC's for a while, and that might solve question #2.

Anyway, thanks for any insight you can provide! Best regards,

Chris​​

• 2.  RE: New to Airwave - discovery questions

Posted Jun 25, 2021 01:20 PM
    In my experience, the best way to set things up are to go into "Device Setup", select the "communication" and adjust "Aruba" option.  This will give you a "template" to apply for upcoming device setups.

Other than that, you'll want to add MM's/Conductors and any MD's you may have. Best option is 
    Device Setup -->  Add -->  Select the "Aruba template" from drop down -->  Fill in your IP and hostname blanks.  The rest should auto-populate.  

Once those devices come up, you should start seeing all your APs fall into place - simply start grouping them etc.

Hope it helps.

• 3.  RE: New to Airwave - discovery questions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2021 01:39 PM
    Airwave doesnt directly talk with the thin APs. Once we have the Controller added, and once Airwave start to poll the controller the respective APs will populate under the new devices list. In the same way when we add an MM, MC's under the MM will also start to show up under new device list when Airwave polls the MM.

------------------------------
    Vishnu Mannil
    Aruba ERT

If my post addresses your query, give kudos :)
    ------------------------------