Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave synchronizing with controller

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  AirWave synchronizing with controller

Posted Dec 02, 2021 04:51 PM
    I renamed a new AP yesterday and AirWave still shows old information for the AP in "NEW DEVICES." See a summary of matching vs. mismatched information at the bottom of the screenshot below. The renaming process, starting on Mobility Master, was :
    • whitelist cpsec modify (ap-name and ap-group by MAC address)
    • provision reprovision (by wired MAC address)
    • <allow time for reboot then check success on MM and controller>
    • sho ap database long | in <MAC address>

I had also tried to refresh the AirWave information by forcing a poll (to page /visualrf/poll_aps_now.xml) and it reported success. I saw no change in the mismatched data. (There were several other APs renamed that show similar results.)

Does the forced poll only update APs in the "WIRELESS UP" list?
    How can I get the correct data into AirWave?

------------------------------
    LamoniDave

• 2.  RE: AirWave synchronizing with controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2021 11:06 PM
    The new devices info shows up when controller is added. Once you add the device to a group and folder from new devices list, polling controller and importing config for that AP will get the name corrected.

Gowri Sankar Amujuri

• 3.  RE: AirWave synchronizing with controller

Posted Dec 07, 2021 05:15 PM
    My suspicion is that AirWave discovered the AP after I first installed it, but before I renamed it in Mobility Master. When I try to "Add Selected Device[s]" in AirWave with the name seen in AirWave not matching the name it's known by in Mobility Master and the controllers, it shows the desired changes (with the AirWave name) in the "Confirm changes" display and lets me "Apply Changes Now." But the AP doesn't actually get added. It stays in the "New Devices" display even after waiting for days.

LamoniDave

• 4.  RE: AirWave synchronizing with controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 07, 2021 06:03 PM
    "New Devices" is a jail that never updates anything past the moment it is discovered.

See if the device you newly added has the same wired mac address as the duplicate device.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 5.  RE: AirWave synchronizing with controller

Posted Dec 08, 2021 10:57 AM
    The screenshot in my original post shows the AirWave "LAN MAC ADDRESS" being "fc:7f:f1:c0:86:b2." This is the same as shown in Mobility Master as the "Wired MAC Address," but with a different Name. Is there other MAC information you'd like me to check? (I recognize that the highlighting in the screenshot makes it difficult to see the MAC addresses.)

(Side note: Why does AirWave show MAC addresses in caps while switches, controllers, and Mobility Master show MAC addresses in lower case - adding challenges to copying and pasting from one application to another?)

LamoniDave

• 6.  RE: AirWave synchronizing with controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 08, 2021 11:22 AM
    Search with AP Mac Address from controller on Airwave and see if there are duplicate devices.
    Looks like the entries are duped. Other option is to delete the devices from New Devices list and let Airwave discover the devices in next polling.
    A TAC case may be good to check in logs if its something else.

Gowri Sankar Amujuri