Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave licensing

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Airwave licensing

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 21, 2021 05:05 AM
    Currently running 8.2.8.1 on an Airwave hardware appliance. Can I as a question about license usage

Looking at the gui I can see

Total devices up 1343
    Devices down 55
    Then in liceses it says

Max device count 2001 ( can see that we had  1 licese installed and then a block of 2000 licenses)

Approved Devices  873

Whats defined as an approved device ?

I'd assume that were using  1343 + 55 of our 2001 licenses ?

A

------------------------------
    Alex Sharaz

• 2.  RE: Airwave licensing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2021 06:43 AM
    An Approved Device is in my setup any device added to Airwave.

Note that if you have Aruba Instant, the VC will not count for your license, so with a 'single AP' IAP cluster, you see 2 devices (AP and VC), but only 1 authorized device. Also found that I had some stale devices with the same IP as another device, those were not counted either. It may be that there is something with stacked switches as well, but I don't have any in my Airwave.

The numbers for you are quite far off, so it may be good to check with support if you can't find an explanation for the license count that you see.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.