Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

ip address change

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  ip address change

Posted Feb 24, 2021 02:04 PM
    Hello,
    My Airwave server has changed address and now when I log in I get a message "licenses No(invlalid ip).  listing the old ip address.  I thought I had changed the network ip address but it appears I missed something.  Can someone tell me where to check?  Thanks.

Ken

------------------------------
    Ken Hagen

• 2.  RE: ip address change

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 24, 2021 02:13 PM

Hi Ken,

Yes, IP will be mapped to license. Could you verify from CLI menu if its showing the right IP? You can login as ampadmin, go to option 8(Advanced) --> 2(Enter commands)

# ifconfig

make sure the IP showing up for this is the same IP we have on license key. If its not same, either update the IP of the server to match the license or send a request to Aruba WC for regenerating license mapping to new IP.

In other case if the IP showing here and on license is same and if we are still seeing the error, we can try to restart the daemons once. We can do this from below option,

4(system) --> 3(Restart AMP)

It will take 5-6 minutes for all the services to start again and web interface to come up.

Vishnu Mannil

• 3.  RE: ip address change

Posted Feb 25, 2021 12:45 PM
    Hi Vishnu,
    Thanks for your reply. How do I send a request to Aruba WC for regenerating license mapping to new IP?

Ken Hagen

• 4.  RE: ip address change

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 25, 2021 12:54 PM
    Hi Ken,

You can get a case created and someone from licensing team should be able to help you out.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/en-in/support-services/contact-support/#:~:text=Contact%20technical%20support%20via%20phone,Aruba%20Support%20Portal%20(ASP).&text=For%20others%20countries%20please%20visit%20www.hpe.com%2Fcontact.

Vishnu Mannil

• 5.  RE: ip address change

Posted Mar 01, 2021 12:23 PM
    I was able to open a ticket and get this problem resolved.  Thank you very much for your help.

Ken

Ken Hagen

• 6.  RE: ip address change

MVP
    Posted Feb 26, 2021 07:45 AM
    You can also go to the Aruba support portal and convert the licenses yourself. 

asp.arubanetworks.com

If you can see the licenses after logging in, you suit be able to convert them without waiting on a tac Engineer. 
    Thanks,
    Phillip
    Network and System Engineer 

Sent from my phone.

• 7.  RE: ip address change

Posted Feb 26, 2021 11:20 AM
    Thanks I have a ticket open now with someone helping.  

Ken

Ken Hagen

• 8.  RE: ip address change

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 01, 2021 01:00 PM
    Great :)

Vishnu Mannil