Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

I have a problem with the airwave platform

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  I have a problem with the airwave platform

Posted Aug 10, 2021 12:13 PM
    I have a problem with the airwave platform, I visualize the Access points down in the airwave, but they are up, they take more than an hour to go up again in the airwave, what process should I do, thank you.

------------------------------
    EDILBER GALEANO

• 2.  RE: I have a problem with the airwave platform

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2021 12:25 PM
    Looks like the server performance is low or polling is delayed. IS the server spec'ed correctly as in AirWave sizing guide?
    If the server is rightly spec'ed, set the polling interval in groups to 5 mins and check the system performance under System > Stus page. Make sure there are no CPU/Mem or disk usage spikes. IF they are then a TAC case is needed to check the logs and see if a particular process is crashing and fix the same.

Gowri Sankar Amujuri

• 3.  RE: I have a problem with the airwave platform

Posted Aug 22, 2021 09:22 PM

Yes, the server is configured according to the guide.

Checking again your recommendations, I will have to create a TAC case.

Thank you. 

EDILBER GALEANO

• 4.  RE: I have a problem with the airwave platform

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 30, 2021 05:24 AM
    Hi Edilber,

Does those APs are terminated  and load balancing between two MDs and frequently falling between those MDs?

We have known issue and fixed in 8.2.13.0 code and also verify if system performance is good and any network latency present in your network.

We can execute snoop thin_ap_status log from AMPCLI > Advanced > Enter commands $snoop thin_ap_status

Poll the controller from Devices > Monitor page where APs been terminated in Airwave.

Collect snoop log from AMPCLI> Files to verify whether controller sending AP status as UP or down during the period when AP status shows down in Airwave.

Pavan Arshewar
    Principal Network Engineer

If my post addresses your query, give kudos!