Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass authentication source

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  ClearPass authentication source

Posted Jun 22, 2021 02:43 PM
    I want my users to be able to login to the network with their azureAD credentials but I am having a hard time understanding clearpass, Does ClearPass let you authenticate with azureAD credentials ?
    I read somewhere that just the cloud version let you do that . Also deciding to pair that with Central or Airwave.

------------------------------
    omy smith

• 2.  RE: ClearPass authentication source

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 22, 2021 03:42 PM
    Hi,

What authentication type ?

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCL: Powershell Module to use Aruba Central

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281

• 3.  RE: ClearPass authentication source

Posted Jun 22, 2021 04:25 PM
    Any available that let me use Azure as an authentication source for users trying to connect to the wlan

omy smith

• 4.  RE: ClearPass authentication source

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 23, 2021 01:22 PM
    Cloud identity providers required modern authentication. In the case of network access, this is certificate-based authentication using EAP-TLS. From the service standpoint, there is no authentication source. You can deploy certificates using your EMM solution or users can self-enroll using CPPM Onboard.

Tim C

• 5.  RE: ClearPass authentication source

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2021 04:29 AM
    A good start would be to check the Onboard with Azure AD guide, as available from www.arubanetworks.com/clearpassdocs
    Or the video's by Mitchel on the Airheads Youtube channel.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.