Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

upload csv with AP-names and MAC addresses

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  upload csv with AP-names and MAC addresses

Posted Oct 22, 2021 09:34 AM
    Hi,
    We are in a project where a lot of new Aruba IAP's will be connected in all our sites.
    We have Airwave as a management tool. The WLC's + configs are there and the firmware is automatically upgraded to the version we want. So all that is automated and works fine.
    Now I'm wondering if it's possible to upload a csv or something where the AP-names are linked to the MAC addresses (or serial numbers) of the AP's that will be connected in the future. This way I don't have to intervene anymore when people on the sites connect the AP's - it would also be a time saver for me because I don't need to manually check lists of MAC addresses to know which AP-name is linked to which MAC address.

Does anyone know if this is possible in Airwave?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Bram D'hoore

• 2.  RE: upload csv with AP-names and MAC addresses

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2021 10:54 AM
    Yes, do a search in the online userguide for allowlist

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: upload csv with AP-names and MAC addresses

Posted Oct 25, 2021 07:58 AM
    I checked the allow list you mentioned. As far as I could see, this just allows new/extra AP's automatically join the existing cluster. We already have that today (configured with Allow All). They get the config of the SSID's etc automatically already today. However, I didn't see anything that explained how to automatically configure the ap-names when new AP's join the existing cluster.

Did I understand this correctly? If yes, is there a way to automatically configure the AP-names when they join the cluster?
    For example: I upload a csv file with the AP-names and the MAC addresses of the new AP's before the new AP's are connected. So when they connect, the system will detect the mac address and push the correct name to that particular AP.

Bram D'hoore

• 4.  RE: upload csv with AP-names and MAC addresses

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 25, 2021 09:13 AM

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 5.  RE: upload csv with AP-names and MAC addresses

Posted Oct 27, 2021 06:04 AM
    I was looking in the user guide before and didn't find where to upload this, but today I found the "Aruba instant guide" *stupid me*.
    Looks like it needs to be activated first in the amp setup section. After that the upload of the csv file becomes available under new devices.

One more question:
    Now I managed to upload a bunch of IAP's that are not yet online today, I want to add them to the group and folder in Airwave. However, when I try this, I get an error saying: Cannot Authorize AllowList Devices.
    Should I wait until the devices are really online before I can do this or is there another reason for this error message?