Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Airwave showing AP's down but they are up

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Aruba Airwave showing AP's down but they are up

Posted Aug 27, 2021 10:01 AM
    Just as my subject says Aruba Airwave is showing the AP's as down except for the VC and one other IAP but the rest are down. They are up though and I can get to the IAP's via IP address and ping everything. I assume they lost communication somehow to AirWave. Any quick fixes for this?

------------------------------
    Chris Backer

• 2.  RE: Aruba Airwave showing AP's down but they are up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2021 10:19 AM
    Can be an issue with Airwave server busy or a process stuck. Check the system > Performance page to see if CPU/RAM or any service is high utilized.
    A quick try before reaching out TAC is to 'Restart AWMS' at the end of System > Status page. This will restart all the services in Airwave.

Gowri Sankar Amujuri

• 3.  RE: Aruba Airwave showing AP's down but they are up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2021 10:45 AM
    Do you have all of the APs added to Airwave? And do you have enough Airwave licenses?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Airwave showing AP's down but they are up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 30, 2021 04:54 AM
    IAPs which are showing down in Airwave, what status message are you seeing in Devices > Monitor page? Does it says device down due to VC not reachable ?

Try increase https timeout value under Group > Basic page if status keep fluctuating, 

Edit VC key in VC and check the status.

1) # show running | include virtual

2) copy the virtual-controller key

3) # conf t

4) type in virtual-controller-key and paste the copied kay

5) change th last 2 digit of the key

6) # commit apply.

Pavan Arshewar
    Principal Network Engineer

If my post addresses your query, give kudos!